PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2022, 15:25
Lonewolf_50

Received 460 Likes on 289 Posts
Originally Posted by Tartiflette Fan
Of course. Does that mean however, that you think they would be better off without them ?
Not at all.
As they only have a few of the units (six reported) and their enemy shoots back, the use of these high dollar assets may be curtailed if the enemy has a good day.
There's also the matter of ammo supply.
I can't comment on how effective the Russian sensor-to-shooter link is because I don't know.
They still have aircraft, and I suspect that they still have satellites in orbit, which suggests to me that Ukraine may operate under a few constraints regarding when they can move those units into an open firing position as we see in the little film. (I expect that launcher system got out of their PDQ after that salvo went off. It leaves quite the signature).
I will do a bit more digging, but the drone and counterdrone aspect of this conflict is the most pressing area of ignorance I need to remedy (for my own understanding).
If the Russian drones have been neutralized, or they are running out of them, it puts their Army at a substantial disadvantage tactically. If a little drone sees a launch like that, then a counter battery mission (of some sort) probably won't be long in coming.