PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sponsoring Step Children
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2022, 06:17
Soofia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have u

Originally Posted by RJ402
Hi. I am neither a pilot nor involved in the aviation industry, but have been referred to this forum by a pilot friend. I am also posting my question on other UAE forums.

I am looking to take up a position in Dubai with my wife and her teenage son ( ie my stepson ). I am fully aware of the UAE requirements for sponsoring a stepchild, but the rules are very vague on how to proceed if the child's birth father is either refusing to acknowledge correspondence on this matter, or has in fact changed all contact details and is not actually receiving our request for permission from him. My wife and her ex did not part on amicable terms and he may be doing this out of spite. We simply don't know.

I have spoken to my nearest UAE Embassy and they say it's a legal matter, they cannot advise and I should speak to my potential employer. My potential employer is looking into it for me. Obviously if we cannot find a solution to this, I will have to decline a good job opportunity..

Has anyone on this forum been in a similar position, and if so, how did you proceed? Any help, information or advice is appreciated. Thank you.
HAve you got your child custody? Please inbox me. What docs you required for it?