PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Washington flights and security threats (merged)
Old 2nd Jan 2004, 18:16
McIce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it is fair to say most people on this forum ARE aviators of some sort or at least he a keen interest in it. Therefore what they know about the British or American 'Intelligence' system could be written on the back of a postcard.

If an intelligence expert was to tell you how to fly a plane I am sure you would tell him where to get off. So applying that theory why can pilots not accept that when the experts are in receipt of 'Credible Intelligence' they must be wrong. Everyone to their own.

Mainfrog 2
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A credit check is done by computer in a store to make sure your credit worthy, while you wait. How come this isn't possible with data relating to terrorism
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statements like this prove my point about the lack of understanding in how intelligence is gathered. Last time I done a credit check on myself I couldn't find the box that said whether Osama Bin Laden had paid of my last three balances (Although that would have been nice)

There is no point in asking how intelligence is gathered as those in the know wont tell you.
Just accept it and remember it is not an exact science.