PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Schiphol
Thread: Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2022, 11:11
Jerbourg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I flew into AMS yesterday from LCY, chaos still reigns at Schipol. Security guys hold you back from entering passport control ( I was waiting 30+ minutes),, once through the queue it then takes ages to move to the desk,I then can proceed to the baggage hall to wait for bags - and wait, and wait, my flight vanished off the screen after 90 minutes, still no bags. The handling agents desk is unmanned so I am unable to ask anyone about what is happening, I then find after another 90 minutes has passed I learn that another agents desk is manned in a different baggage hall, the staff there were indifferent to say the least, but when you see the amount of 'unclaimed' bags scattered around the two baggage halls & stacked up in arrivals walkways I can perhaps understand why. Checking my PIR on the BA website I noticed that the agent hasn't even entered the bag tag ( I tried 'edit' & it won't accept the number)

Needless to say my luggage (which I saw come out of the hold (I was sat above it) has not yet reached my hotel & even though I was told it would follow me home (if found) I have severe reservations about that..

I never though I'd say this but I've been put off travelling by air by this shambles.