PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Schiphol
Thread: Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2022, 09:04
TheLambtonWorm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Posted this on another forum about my experience on Monday 20th.

Flew back from AMS-NCL yesterday. When you arrive at the airport you go through the airport plaza and head towards departures where two travelators will take you up to the departures level. Just as we got to the travelators the G4S goon squad closed them and stopped anyone getting to departures. We stood there for approx 45min before we were allowed to proceed. Meanwhile a queue had formed stretching through the plaza and outside. At no point was information given as to what was happening and no water was offered either. It was about 22°C outside with very little cover.

When we were let through we then had to go through security & passport control. This took about another hour and again, no info was given as to how long it would take to get through. The reason for this was that departures were very busy and there was queues for bars etc. There wasn't. It was the quietest I've ever seen it. Also UK passports can be used at the E-gates after security.

Another thing I noticed was passport control for entering the Netherlands. This has now been moved from the D gates to between the D & E gates. There's approx five E-gates (UK passport can't be used at these), four RoW booths (ours) and an EU booth. The queue for this was backed up to the Heineken bar by the D gates.