PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Families on flight decks?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2022, 16:12
Hartington

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
First time? Bristol 170 of Silver City Lydd-Le Touquet in the late 50s around the age of 10. I discovered in my 30s tat if you asked nicely many piloys would welcome you and, I;m afraid I became a bit of a junkie.
Favourite approach? For very personal reasons San Francisco - Point Reyes 22000 feet, over the city about 12000 down the peninsular to somewhere near Redwood City then left 180 to come back over the spans (San Mateo Bridge) - non-pi;lot language!
Most surprising? Meeting a pilot on Saturday AM who told me he'd done his last 757 trip - going back to 747s, Having gone to Paris Orly on Monday morning very early - beautiful views of Paris. I'd decided not to ask for the cockpit on the way home but there was the pilot I knew.. . On finals to Heathrom we had an A340 cross in front of us as we went for 27R. Except the 340 couldn't land on 27L because something fell off the last departure and now he was in front of us on 27R. This led to very late landing clearance, maximum braking and brake overheat warnings.