PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-6
Thread: Jet2-6
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2022, 22:43
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet2

[QUOTE=LBAflyer22;11248769]So they've bussed a few people to Leeds so what? And I guess you mean them operating from East Midlands instead of Birmingham? So you'd rather them suffer hefty delays from Birmingham with flights, potentially then not able to fly the return the next day, bring it back the next day then suffer 6+ delays from the morning and god knows in the evening. Two choices as an Arm Chair CEO to make - keep rolling with hefty delays from Birmingham, some as big as 9+ hours, that keep rolling and rolling and eventually your facing 24/36/48 hour delays OR move them next door in the grand scheme of airports, and have them go with minimal delay, minimal disruption.Looks to me like the real CEO's/Management got it right.

It's a minor inconvenience. But given the bigger picture what else is there to do? Roll with bigger and bigger delays? At least they didn't decide to operate from Stansted or Leeds or worse - Newcastle for those flights.

The Leeds example was just that and I am sure that decision wasn't taken lightly but I think you are deluded if you think these decisions are taken for the passengers benefit, in some cases it will be at the accountants behest. Not specifically that weekend but Jet2 have hardly subbed in at BHX, whereas other airlines have managed to find aircraft and whether that is just bad luck (others got in first) or down to the purse strings being tightened, I don't know and it could be said it is fair enough decision if it compromises the company finances but what is irritating, are appeasers believing that these decisions are always in the best interest of the passengers.

Pete