PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arrival experience at tourist airports 2022
Old 22nd Jun 2022, 11:52
Mr Mac

Received 169 Likes on 104 Posts
Arrival experience at tourist airports 2022

Firstly let me say I am posting here as I am not sure if it should be here or airline and airports so MODS feel free to move.

With the upcoming summer holiday period and the ongoing topic of UK airports delays I thought it maybe useful for some information on arrival experiences at some of the more common tourist destinations. Most of my flying is for business so it is very rare that I get to places which are tourist oriented, however I am currently in Majorca and obviously came through Palma.

So first off it appears that most inbound UK flights go through one terminal and they use biometric scanning after which you proceed to a few desk where a couple of board custom officers stamp your passport (Brexit bonus!) and then you proceed to health check where you have to prove your COVID free status. I would suggest you print this on A4 as having it on a smart phone sounds great, but many seemed to have trouble finding it and as I have travelled throughout COVID it has been the method I have found to be quicker. Plane to baggage hall took around 40 min. I have travelled in to Madeira for work and a holiday and there they do not simply stamp your passport it is a biometric scan and stamp and cues were longer , and COVID check post passport with Madeira Health Check App or printed A4.

I have to point out I travel on a Swiss passport but Mrs Mac does not, but I being the dutiful husband cue with her as it would otherwise end in tears and they would be mine when she got through !!

Anyway I hope that may help some people doing the getaway this summer as to what to expect at those two destinations I would think there maybe others who can give information on Mainland Spain, Greece, Italy etc which maybe useful to fellow cabin members and passengers in general.

Cheers
Mr Mac