PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help UAL Capt Al Haynes Save his Daughter
Old 2nd Jan 2004, 14:58
Spodman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with Ozgrade and (I can hardly believe it, but I don't like the way he said his piece) Winstun.

I wish no ill to Capt. Al or his daughter but this is a problem belonging to the US. It is sick they maintain their military spending at cold war levels (when they won) while only the really rich can afford to get really sick.

I remember a telly program a while ago where a bunch of well-heeled looking Americans were asked if they could afford to get some expensive-to-treat disease. Only one could because of the health plan from his employer.

Captain Al is an aviation hero, but have a look through the rest of the site. Not everybody there will be knocking up hits fast enuf to crash the site, they're just begging for somebody to come up with what in some cases is modest sums to keep living. These are all people in an electronic third world marketplace showing their sores and begging for a right to life in the richest country on Earth.

This madness can only be changed from the inside. Contributing to this fund will only add the category of FAMOUS to those allowed decent health care in the US (along with the RICH )