PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In 2022 onwards, whats the future path of becoming a pilot?
Old 22nd Jun 2022, 06:26
tossbag

Received 176 Likes on 102 Posts
I can own a gun as easily in Australia as in some states of the US. Interesting to note that by far, the most gun violence are in the states with the toughest and most restrictive gun laws, in some cases, tougher than Australia. Go to a concealed carry state, people tend to have much better manners than the people from others states with tougher gun laws, they tend to have far less crime as well.

You cherry pick quite a bit of the worst parts of the US when in fact the same problems exist in Australia. No democracy is perfect and every western country struggles with its colonial past. But nitpicking, stupid laws exist in far greater volume in Australia than the US. I have no problem walking around 99% of the states I've lived in, I know where not to go and where is safe, if you're wise you'll know where not to go in Australia. There are some suburbs that police stay clear of in this country as well.

or being arrested or harassed because of the color of my skin.
You're actually serious with this one? You're saying that profiling doesn't go on in Australia?