PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New MD for Babcock Aus
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2022, 01:34
MagsOffTap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
4th MD in 4 years.

Originally Posted by nonac
He's always done right by me. It's likely those who choose to knock him do so simply because they didn't do the right thing and should probably fear his preparedness for a fresh challenge. When the JB's of our industry throw the towel in, you really need to worry because yoj'll like the bean counters even less. I just hope JB isn't reading the trash on this thread. Having said that I know he's made of better stuff. So for all the kickers, you'll still be kicking when he's dusted himself off and ready to make a difference again.
There's been quite a few changes since Nonac's post apparently.

Lauren Adams replaced JB but only lasted until the end of 2019. She was replaced by Darren Moncrief, previously at Cobham. He apparently resigned at the start of this year and the role was filled by Duncan Milne - another Cobham old boy. Evidently the company is choccas with ex-Cobham staff. Perhaps it's a take-over by stealth.

Presumably Milne didn't win the role permanently because Australian Aviation have written a news article saying that Peter Newington is the new Managing Director from 1 August. He is the current CareFlight CEO and was previously Hevilift.

The delicious irony is that Johnny Boag is now the CEO at Cobham. So it looks as though he dusted himself off nicely

What is going on a Babcock Mission Critical Services in Australia? 4 managing directors in 4 years can't be healthy. Their drivers are not the highest paid in Australia by any stretch but they haven't won any new business for quite a while, There's rumblings about a change in provider coming for a couple of contracts that Babcock currently have too. I wonder if they're going to be sold off like the UK Mission Critical Services business.