PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Winton- Airbus
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2022, 23:52
WillieTheWimp

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Theflyingsosijman
G'Day all,

A redundant here looking to get back into the industry so please excuse my naivety, it's been a couple of years. Does anyone have the new NJS agreement handy? It doesn't appear to be on the FWC site just yet and I'm sure that's the case seeing it has only been voted in. As I'm sure we've all seen NJS has opened up recruitment for B717 FOs and just I'm just trying to gather as much info on the future operation as I can before making decisions. ...not that I have many options down here in sunny old YMML at the moment anyway. Kind thanks in advance to any homo sapiens (PC enough?) that can offer up any useful information on the NJS situation
Just go off the 717 contract. The base pay is the same, but frozen until July 2023. After which it's 2%. Then take out any lifestyle protection and that is what you will end up with. It represents about a 30 percent decrease in terms and conditions from the current contract. To quote the feds 'the proposed EA is so bad, is so concessionary to the extent that many of the concessions may never be won back, that we can only recommend you vote ‘NO’".

If you are not currently flying then it may be worth it just to get current again. Don't come here thinking this is a lifestyle gig, there are much better offers out there for those with experience, and many are leaving. Rosters are interesting, a lot of duty for little flying hours, lots of paxing and waiting around. On the bright side you get to enjoy regular NTL overnights. Probably the only thing going for NJS currently is there's no back of the clock flying but it sounds like the A220 will change that. Hope that helps.