PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Procedure
Thread: Procedure
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2022, 17:22
albatross

Received 148 Likes on 73 Posts
Sorry if I offended you.
I have seen some folks who take the “Always into Wind” idea to mean directly into the prevailing wind no matter what. This leads to some interesting approaches and departures….”persistence in the face of reality”.
Sadly there are folks out there who are incapable of flying a crosswind approach. You can set them up perfectly with a crab angle into the wind and when you hand over control they immediately point the nose directly at the rig and do not realize they are drifting downwind. It would be funny to watch if it wasn’t so sad.
If, back on the beach, you can pry the Iphone out of their hands for a few minutes, you can draw diagrams and talk until you are blue in the face..no skull penetration will occur.

Originally Posted by HeliMannUK
"general approach" i said.
instead of picking at my reply why not reply to the original posters request?

and a final approach to a deck offshore is done into wind, headwind component implied. I think the previous two replies took my always into wind statement as directly into wind (e.g. wind 360/10 my heading for final app 360° only) My intention was to mean not downwind or total crosswind.

​​​​​