PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin changing us to an EARLIER flight with only 90 minutes notice
Old 21st Jun 2022, 04:01
slats11

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It was a typically whiny post and when OP gets told to pull their head in, they start back pedalling and trying to engage empathetically to which you all end up falling for.
Nonsense. It’s a customer service failure. End of story.

If I booked you in for a medical procedure (for which you had paid in advance) on an afternoon list, and then sent an email (from an unmonitored address) telling you i had changed you to the morning list and you needed to change plans and get there in 60 minutes and I didn’t answer the phone ….. I expect you would be unhappy.
Why would this be any different?

The reference to warming up in Qld was because the VA call centre guy “explained” the issue as Melbourne Wx and all flights stopped. Which clearly wasn’t true if in the next sentence he could get us back via Gold Coast.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nuxajh1hm5r4fb

This is more of the same indifference towards the paying customer.

I have been loyal to QF for years (loyal enough for lifetime Gold anyway). That used to be nice. But now I’m inclined to use Emirates or Singapore or JAL.

Indifference and contempt towards customers rarely ends well. The sad thing is that good operational staff will pay the price for poorly performing customer service / call centre staff.

Last edited by slats11; 21st Jun 2022 at 04:13.