PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paying for my own LT?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2022, 11:49
A320LGW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VariablePitchP

So no, I wouldn’t buy the hours. But not from some righteous point of view, anyone on here who payed for even a minute of SEP flight training has paid to fly, it’s just in a different setting despite what they’ll complain about. It’s a no because it just won’t help you(sorry)

You are spot on. Far too many self righteous people sprouting about, many having paid in excess of £130,000 to get into the right seat. They then have the audacity to complain about someone paying for line training (and you'll find they themselves also paid for it but it was itemised as something else in their vastly inflated course price). I have seen many cases of people paying for the entire ATPL course and line training and still managing to spend less than others on these airline programmes via the big schools. This isn't to say I agree with paying for LT, but it's the hypocrisy of some.

As for the OP, apologies I forgot about the constraints of the MPL license. You had mentioned about paying for LT at I presume a carrier not affiliated with your initial MPL course so I thought why not just try elsewhere. Your #1 priority here is to get a CPL/IR. You'll then be able to apply for Ryanair and Wizz, the most likely to take you in the current climate.