PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA-Draft Ballina airspace review 16/6/22
Old 20th Jun 2022, 02:10
triadic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These issues are going to continue until the basic flaw in the system is fixed - OAR has no place in CASA. The original recommendation from the AERU was that the office be embedded in the Department as it was more policy related than safety. If I remember correctly the recommendation was preceded by a statement along the lines of "..airspace is a non renewable national resource and should be managed as such in a strategic sense.".. That recommendation drew very strong push back from both CASA and Airservices and history tells us the result.
Gne you may well be correct. The issue now is how to change it? The OAR for better or worse is buried inside CASA with no direct report to the CEO. Sadly she must lean on the senior managers (in the iron ring) to provide some "infinite wisdom" but it is my belief that they are too entrenched protecting their own turf and not very much interested in the industry they are paid big dollars to regulate (not support). Only a strong case to Government will likely even get at move to the Dept looked at, let alone moved, but of course one could always try. I often wonder what some of these groups that are formed to advise the decision makers have on their table? Stuff that we as an industry see as important I guess.