PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New 'Bonza' LCC launches middle 2022 with B737 MAX
Old 19th Jun 2022, 22:16
tossbag

Received 176 Likes on 102 Posts
They really aren't.
Yes, I agree. There's a lot of admiration and awe attached to the profession, somewhat of a bygone era. But I'm under the impression that you said the profession of pilot was akin to a bus driver, then you stated that bus drivers have a great deal of responsibility and have been the subject of some horrific accidents and carry a great deal of responsibility, I think your messaging is somewhat confusing.

It's amusing to watch just how mad that reality makes the more deluded amongst you.
I think it's more the fact that these people are defending the profession that some would denigrate and try and liken to what some would class as menial jobs. Personally, I have a great deal of respect for anyone that steps into the driver seat of a bus. Any heavy vehicle for that matter. I recall doing an interstate drive while lockdowns were occurring and seeing tens of trucks on the roads, constant. It's those people that kept this country going in those times, thankless work. And yet some look down on them as mere 'bus drivers'

It's not my fault you've made this so entertaining.
Oh no, you sell yourself short. It's your self deprecation and humility, some would say, almost to the point of self loathing, that have turned this discussion into one of prunes great talking points, thanks to you there's a great deal of respect for opinions and just where the career of pilot stands in the community, well done, respect