PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-6
Thread: Jet2-6
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2022, 21:58
LBAflyer22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Local Variation
People flying Birmingham to Bergerac being bussed to Leeds is quote “doing them a favour.’

I take it you don’t work in a customer facing role or were you the bus driver?
When did I ever say it was doing them a favour? I don't ever recall saying that nor putting that. What I have done is given the bigger picture. Maybe I need to paint it a little more clearer for you:

Do Jet2 have 737-300's based at Birmingham? No.
Does Jet2 have any pilots that are 737-300 rated @ BHX? No because they don't base them at BHX so why would they waste money/time and ultimately the pilots time rating them for "what if" events.
Are the engineers rated on the 737-300 at Birmingham? Probably not. Cause guess what - they don't base 737-800s at BHX.
What would happen if that 737-300 went tech on arrival? Well some would be moaning that the flight probably got cancelled or worse delay by 24 hours.
What would happen if that 737-300 got stuck in BHX through crew hours (I'd suggest doing some bed time reading)? Probably have an affect on the next day's flying from Leeds and take crew from Leeds to collect the aircraft and bring it back.
So is it beneficial to operate from LBA given they also had multitude of issues with Smart Lynx and Hi Fly aircraft thus taking the standby 737-800's which is well documented for them having? Yes.

You're aware that flying it from LBA to BHX and vice versa is another sector. And more sectors = less crew hours incase things go wrong.