PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What did officers eat for lunch?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2022, 20:14
Ninthace

Received 987 Likes on 584 Posts
Originally Posted by NRU74
I went to two lunches with her, one at Brüggen and one at Marham.
At the Brüggen one the mess had brand new tables, but because of the shape of the Dining Room it appeared at the 'Practice' lunch (we peasants just attended briefly, only the wheels had lunch) it appeared that where Princess M was to sit the Royal thighs would be, ahem, parted.The Mess Manager (I think Stan Hughes) was ordered to get the table to the chippy shop where the brand new table was sawn in half and then attached to the the outside wings of the top table.
At Marham, despite the Menu being sent from Clarence House, when she was presented with the Strawberries and Cream (possibly Ice Cream) she declined to eat it. The Staish (John S) was in the invidious position of whether to hoover up his sweet or not. In the event he declined and then the PMC got stuck in, as did the rest of us minions. She then put her handbag on the table, opened it, and put some lippy on - I'm not making this up !
She did her lippy at the Bruggen lunch too. My wife was gob-smacked. I also remember only getting a couple of mouthfuls of lunch to, probably the most expensive £s per calorie I ever ate,