PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paying for my own LT?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2022, 13:45
Flemrik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paying for my own LT?

Howdy y'all.

Is the title says, Have I dropped so low that I think that buying myself my own line-training?

I'm stuck with an MPL with a b737 TR, I've literally 1H on type.

I start feeling sick by just waiting and hoping that some airline will call me for an assessment and rather to just sit here and wait I'd like to do something about it, I'm aware that I might still be a little impatient and that the industry is still recovering here in Europe, as you guys might understand that as a fresh cadet all I wish for right now is to get my feet of the ground and start flying.

After a quick google search I found some crap for ~40k€ for "200h minimum" on type. I cant understand that I'm even thinking about it. I've more or less applied for every open position in Europe & outside, And I'm aware that the industry is on a upraise and according Eurocontrol we're back at precovid at the start of 2023.
But in the same time I want to be as attractive as possible once more and more companies start looking for low-timers and I suppose having a few 100 hours on type wont ever hurt.
(ryan and wizz with the buy tr get lt thing going wont consider my application due to MPL)

I'm aware that I'm selling out everyone else by agreeing on such crap as the thing mentioned above and lets not mention the loans I've to take to finance it.

Guys do you have any idea how I should keep myself as attractive as possible for a future employment without paying for LT?

Cheers for reading my rant,
Flemrik