PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proposed Part 43: Time to get informed and involved
Old 19th Jun 2022, 01:58
Checklist Charlie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
This demonstrates exactly why I am so glad I no longer am beholding to the CAsA's of this world for my income and livelihood.
The greatest impediment to aviation safety is the Attorney Generals Department requirement that government legislation all be written the same way. Unfortunately it is written with so much gobblegook that it cannot be understood by mere mortals that do not hold a LLB.
Some oik has written lovely legislation that has no bearing on my ability to push/pull/twist a control column.
Fifty plus years ago I learned that there was only one "Law" I had to follow religiously, That is I must manage the relationship between Thrust, Drag, Weight and Lift. Everything else was very much secondary and superfluous if it didn't contribute to the effective management of those 4 forces.
CAsA has again demonstrated its lack of understanding of and irrelevance to aviation in general by producing such tripe.

Regulations are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men
Harry Broadhurst RAF to a yound Douglas Bader (I believe)

CC (Ret'd)