PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA-Draft Ballina airspace review 16/6/22
Old 19th Jun 2022, 00:48
bonez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lead Balloon
Some more question for those who may be in the know:

To the extent that the draft recommendations are about determination of airspace, isn't the CASA OAR brains trust the people with the power to determine airspace? The clue is in the name.

If yes, aren't those CASA OAR recommendations in fact recommendations to ...CASA OAR? If yes, WTF?
Leady, I think you are close but the glass is a bit foggy! It is common knowledge that the OAR were on site for some time late last year and the gossip was that their report would be out early this year. Whatever was in the report, it was enough to keep it under wraps for almost six months. The one we see now is likely a modified version of the OAR report. I suspect that their report made recommendations that were not liked in some quarters (airservices?) such as a much earlier date for the tower? If you follow the CASA structure you will be aware that the manager of the OAR reports to a senior manager, who in turn reports to an Executive manager both of which have unknown qualifications/experience in airspace design and managment. So to answer your question, it is unknown if what we see is from the OAR or another person in the system (with their own ideas) as nobody puts their name to these documents any more. I would also suspect that any briefing to the CEO has been filtered accordingly (?}