PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Partial loss of power
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2022, 23:47
Genghis the Engineer

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
Spoiler

Any chance of re-posting or pointing to where it can be found?
I don't remember where I posted it either, but it's generally along these lines.

"This will be my take-off on runway 24. I will rotate at A knots, aim to establish a climb at B knots, and raise the flaps once I have a positive rate of climb confirmed from at least two sources. In the event of a problem on the runway, I'll pull everything back and stop on the runway. In the event of an engine failure after take-off, I'll be establishing C knots, and landing ahead turning no more than 30° left or right (at specific airfields I may describe the direction I actually would take). Should we make an emergency landing at any point in the flight, please do [type specific actions] then once all the bits have stopped moving, get out, go sideways away from the aircraft and don't come back unless it's clearly safe to do so AND you're coming to rescue me. If anything concerns you about the safety of the flight at any time, including other aircraft you don't think that I've seen, please tell me immediately and clearly."

In a multi-engine, obviously add in reference to Vyse. With retractable gear, also when that will be raised.

Mine's always out loud if there's anybody else in the aeroplane, perhaps a bit more dumbed down if everybody else is a non-pilot, perhaps a but quicker and less clear (but probably still out loud) if I'm flying solo. I ask my students to do something similar before entering the runway.

G

Last edited by Genghis the Engineer; 19th Jun 2022 at 00:05.