PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Hold Pool
Thread: Jet2 Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2022, 16:30
AIMINGHIGH123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1201alarm
Find that way too negative and judgemental. I started on an 150 seat narrowbody in my twenties, upgraded to CPT and trainer relatively quickly (both after less than 10 years) and I still tremendously enjoy flying around Europe. So far I have flown to all the major airports in Europe (MAD, FRA, MUC, LHR, ZRH, AMS, CDG, FCO), I have flown to all the typical charter destinations (canaries, the greek islands, PMI, IBZ, corsica, sardinia, ...), all that mixed with lots of smaller european cities (ALC, FAO, NCE, BUD, WAW, these are just examples, there are a three digit figure of them), and besides all that I flew as far as the canaries, north africa, egypt, israel, russia, iceland etc.

It was pretty much everything within 5h of flight time of central europe and with 1700m of concrete. It is a tremendous variety in flying challenges and it all comes with hardly any night flights, no jetlag and no flat-sitting of your backside for hours over an ocean.

I might want at one point to go longhaul, but if not, no regrets either.

If I go longhaul, I'd prefer a medium size widebody which has a more divers route network. The thought of going to the same 8 destinations for 20 years sounds scarily boring to me. But each to their own.
So you barely scratched the surface then.

I have spent 5 years blasting around Europe and 99 times out of 100 it’s pretty easy.

The thought of flying around Europe for 30+ more years would be soul destroying.