PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New 'Bonza' LCC launches middle 2022 with B737 MAX
Old 17th Jun 2022, 23:26
PoppaJo

Received 295 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by Red69
Not a cadet, just a realist who can see what’s happening in this industry. I trust you don’t fly any European or Asian airlines as their pilots haven’t battled through GA to meet strict Austronaut standards?
I’ve flown with cadets/MPL both here and Asia, and the logic is much the same. As long as things stay on the rails, they are fine. When things start falling outside of the box, then we have problems and my workload increases greatly, they are pretty much useless to me.

I would much prefer the person next to me had made all those silly mistakes in the Piper or Baron, vs next to me flying a 180 seat airliner. At the end of the day the whole point is to mass produce numbers aka pilots, with a good product in a minimum timeframe. Due to the automation of this day, the ability for low time pilots to constantly fumble has been eliminated, which is all that management care about. However when the automation sh!ts itself high in the sky, I need someone next to me that can do what I ask, react as required. I’ve seen and experienced that on one occasion, reaction was poor, clueless, struggled with the basics when I needed them. The training department apologised and sent them back to the sim. Problem apparently now averted.

I have seen many cockups in Asia from these programs. Now if only they all got reported.