PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 17th Jun 2022, 23:12
DropYourSocks

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by umop apisdn
I'm not sure if you're joking or not but it's just an interview. No sim ride. No stupid questions. They will hire you unless you're a complete idiot.
I'd like to add to "unless you're a complete idiot", with bringing an Oztranaut attitude with you. I know more than a few guys sent home because they couldn't let go of Australian best practices.

To be fair though, most American recruiters don't really understand the heartache that goes into a lot of the nuances of Australian aviation either. The struggles of all 7 atpl subjects, the years of being a bush pilot, the absolute anal-retentive focus on the exact right order of a ctaf radio call, or the 3 shuttle re-entries required to sit right seat in a Saab.

My advice to those who will be coming over; don't hold on so tight, and you will have a good time flying with the Americans. But if you lead with, "I've done X, Y and Z, therefore I..." you're going to have a bad time.

As those above have said, there's a lot of money on the table over here. You might not have a green card right now, but that's not to say you won't in the future.

Good luck y'all.