PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New RAF Uniforms
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2022, 16:11
NutLoose

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,253 Posts
Originally Posted by BEagle
That reminds me of what I'd stumbled across in the 56(F) squadron mini-museum at the back of the briefing room at pre-pongo Wattisham. A WRAF Officer's No.1 best blue....plus a full set of black frilly underwear! On asking about this, I was told that a previous squadron mate had donated an inflatable 'love doll' for those lonely moments on detachments! But they used to smuggle it on board a VC10 or Herc, inflate it and dress it, then confuse the ALMs doing the head count.

At least, that's the gen I was given.
A chap at RAF Halton drove around the station on the weekend on his motorbike with a blow up doll on the back in a skin coloured bikini, the RAF and MOD Rossers set off in pursuit, unfortunately for them he led a merry dance and they were unable to catch him for many hours.... When they finally did and were about to arrest him, he asked what was the offence... they looked back and forth at each other, they then realised he had not actually done anything wrong, so had to let him go.

When I was but a boy my best friend had his 18th and his parents hired a hall, we got him a blow up doll like you do, and had it inflated with helium, it was put in a long weighted box, wrapped to perfection and put with the other gifts, come gift opening time the box was ripped open and she ascended into the heavens, ok up, to the double height ceiling, there to look down on his mortified parents and red faced son.. She spent the evening watching the festivities and one assumes the cleaners in the morning had a surprise.

Ahh such fun from long gone times, and I hope Andrew is looking down on me now and laughing about it, having been taken far to early.

Sorry for the thread drift, Beag's post just brought it all back.