PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2022, 16:41
PQC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by roverman
T1 will probably match Her Majesty in reaching a platinum jubilee, ten years from now. One of the underlying premises of the MAN-TP business case was to shut down T1 with its associated operating cost. However that was before the logistics were fully examined. So much of the T1/T3 combo is umbilically linked, making it especially difficult to simply isolate and decommission T1. I'm two years out of MAG now and so not privy to the latest thinking but I know there's no easy solution to this one.
Like you Roverman, I've been out of the business for approaching 2 years now myself but like you I still have a few contacts who keep me up to speed with developments. And in relation to T1, there appears to be diddly-squat in the current MAG Capital Plan.It all seems to be about MANTP again

And as you and others say, given the vital kit that passes through it to demolish it is going to be one hell of a challenge.

I'm with you. I think that come 2032 T1 will 'celebrating its Platinum Jubilee - if 'celebrate' is the right word to use. You never know, by then it could have received listed building ststus or been declared an ancient monument!