PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Aus/NZ Positions
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2022, 22:07
ManillaChillaDilla

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Snoop

Lookleft, thats pretty close to the truth.

Im not sure that I would summarise the JQ pilot group as being " led " by people. The AFAP is utterly on the nose these days and have been a pathetic advocate for the JQ pilot group over the years. See current conditions!.

Aipa is still a relative unknown and distrusted. See current conditions!.

Both unions have been either unable or unwilling to advance the Jq pilots lot. This despite taking union fees. See current conditions!

The fact is that a lack of unity within the group (A320 vs 787), fostered by a constant and relentless beating down by nearly everybody has contributed significantly to the current state of play. This unfortunately works in the companies favour.

This time however, I feel things will be different with the " negotiations". The pilot group simply have nothing more to give. With wages so far behind the rest of the industry and an anger amongst pilots that runs deeper than ever I see the only option being a trip to the Fair Work commission.

I dont think it really matters what both unions come up with. Given the current state of play for JQ pilots, it simply wont be enough. See current conditions!!!.

MCD