PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New RAF Uniforms
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2022, 07:58
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 125 Likes on 90 Posts
Originally Posted by Toadstool
Exactly the same feelings BV. I think this offering is slightly better than the last. I wasn’t looking forward to wearing skintight Lycra, not at my age! Thank god for flying suits.
I’m standing by for the usual suspects who will no doubt be apoplectic with rage.
Ah yes, the purists and pedants . A consistent demographic throughout time so your prophecy will be fulfilled.

They were shocked to the core when the infamous hairy battledress was, finally, declared obsolete...then came the "woolly pulley " saga... that dragged on for some time actually...and, for engineers, the introduction of R.N non slip safety shoes...first, they didn't polish up very well, and, second , there were no toe caps !!..both these of no consequence issues attracted their full wrath and indignation...blissfully ignoring the fact they were actually very safe and practical.

The stable belt ?..nope. We had a Sgt on the M.U who appeared one day wearing one, and, a chip hat. Given the M.U dress code differed from the rest of the RAF, it was no surprise to rapidly learn he was, well, "different " to the rest of us.

To be honest, it doesn't look that bad, also seems to have the advantage of not requiring the attention of something called an iron...my own encounters with this item were minimal you understand

All we need now is a contemporary version of the infamous S.A.C Bloggs haircut poster !

Popcorn time !