PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Smiles: shareholders and executives grin, customers and staff grit their
Old 14th Jun 2022, 05:30
rodney rude

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
I remember back when Ansett collapsed , the quality of onboard catering for both crew and pax went woefully downhill almost over night. It was so obvious that once they didn't have a competitor, QF were happy to say why look after pax?, They've got no choice now!! It wasn't good will delivering a service, it was just to keep in the game. Once the opposition was gone, they showed their disdain for the travelling public. A number of years later, I read that one of the QF upper execs, Strambi possibly, admitted that the ball was dropped by them big time with that awful display of arrogance.

I reckon that's what will happen this time - Joyce has totally destroyed in every way this airline and reaps the bonuses of reduced costs - face it, he's brilliant - no service means no costs, right?!. Move forward a couple of years, 10,000 bags lost, 10,000 complaints of no phones being answered, 10,000 complaints of refunds impossible to get - Joyce will meekly say yes we got that wrong and we're making amends now. But its all too late - bonus has already been spent on a new harbourside mansion.