PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New 'Bonza' LCC launches middle 2022 with B737 MAX
Old 14th Jun 2022, 00:11
mikewil

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Ladloy
Excessive Grooming ≠ Professionalism. It's time to move on. Shaving my face or wearing a tie certainly doesn't make me a better pilot.
Exactly. We are in the 21st century so don't need to carry the pompous fashion statements from our industry of the 1960s through to today. Maybe the airlines could bring the pay and conditions of this era through to today to match....

You can look professional and take pride in your job (and appearance) without wearing a tie and hat. I'd even argue that the discomfort of being trussed up like that for a 10 hour day on multiple sectors contributes to fatigue.

The grooming standards that companies like Rex place on their crew are ridiculous, especially with the way they treat their staff. Really, a regional airline flying to some of the hottest parts of the country in aircraft that have no air conditioning for while the aircraft is parked should have uniforms to reflect these conditions. You can still look professional in a well fitting polo shirt.