PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Aus/NZ Positions
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2022, 06:09
Cesspool182

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lookleft
Its not just politicians who don't answer the question actually asked. Let me ask the question again. What happened last time?
What happened last time?

Well let’s see. Qantas got a small taste of what pilots stopping work will cost them. $40 million and change for a couple of 4 hour stop works according to the CEO’s email. JQ pilots actually realised how key they are in their whole operation, and their true value.

If you remember, we at Qantas SH voted no to a 3% rollover deal in 2019. As ‘punishment’ for voting NO, Qantas stated they wouldn’t re-enter negotiations with us until Easter 2020.

Concerned with having JQ, QFSH, QFLH, EAA, SSA, NWK and EFA all with open agreements, and a pilot group over at JQ that understood and had experienced first hand that withdrawal of labour is a legally enshrined right, Qantas went back to the cupboard and ‘found’ extra cash to close our deal.

The risk of not doing so was the JQ pilots demonstrating what a unified pilot group could achieve, and contagion. Qantas needed to close a deal, and close it fast.

In a stunning resuscitation of negotiations, Qantas found 5 extra days sick leave, Extra Blank Days, a credit protection system, and DTA linked to ATO adjustments among other things.

Do you think Qantas would have come back to SH and showered us with gifts to close a deal if the JQ boys hadn’t rattled the cage?

Anyhow, it’s probably lucky we got those improvements. Because this time around there is no JQ pilots rattling the PIA cage YET. I can’t imagine they’d be happy with their substandard conditions for much longer.

I only wish we had the balls to take on some of the bullies running this place. Instead we are turning ourselves into industrial eunuchs by giving up hard earned conditions for nothing in return. Sorry, securing 20 REPLACEMENT aircraft, not growth. REPLACING existing aircraft with something far more capable. As if they have any other realistic plan to crew our replacement aircraft.