PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar/Doha vs Emirates/Dubai (life and work)
Old 12th Jun 2022, 11:24
Spongeboeing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fighterkok
Sponge, you are approaching 40 and already worked in DXB from 2005-08. Something about you doesn't add up eh.
I was cabin crew. Came back to Europe to finish up my pilot training and started working as a pilot. I started late and I know command should be my priority given my relatively low hours/age ratio but I'm just not feeling it. I would love to be a captain don't get me wrong, but I feel I would be happier as an FO for a few more years at a company that gives me some level of professional fulfilment and more memorable experiences at work than what European low cost short hauler can offer. I'm not alone in this as basically 50% of my colleagues are also considering a move to the ME (and many already got the job). The truth is that most of them are in their early 30s or younger and their motivations are completely different than mine. I'm sure many of them, on arrival to Dubai, the first thing to do will be to get a Maserati loan or something stupid like that. That's not what I'm looking for which makes me feel that my expectations are more realistic and "mature".

Last edited by Spongeboeing; 12th Jun 2022 at 11:40.