PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar/Doha vs Emirates/Dubai (life and work)
Old 11th Jun 2022, 10:01
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Spongeboeing
Yeah... I'm almost 40. Should I be worried that I'm still looking for happiness from work rather than at work as a means to reach happiness outside of work? Maybe there's something wrong with me and I'm looking for a love of aviation that doesn't exist anywhere anymore.
Don't f**Ing put your self down! Sorry for being more directly personal than expected here. It is necessary.

OK, not perfectly what I said. Career fulfillment is important, it's captains only to whom the on-the-job aspiration gets truly dissolved. Despite the age and personal maturity, the career midpoint lies still ahead.

My key point, also to equalise the cold technical first post, was typed below the part you quoted.

If your hunger is leaving gloomy EE and finally getting a stable, high-value proper job, there is not other good choice but to do it.

​​​​​The people who look for happiness outside work are those who reached theirs on the job already, and are now moving beyond.

They are no different in their thinking, feeling or motivation than you. Only now aim for a different goal, as their life's fulfillment target has shifted and they came to understand that. (Which can be a very ugly experience also known as mid-life crisis BTW ​​​​​​) They are just looking for satisfaction, same as anyone primally, your present situation included.

Different nutrition for different patients.

​​​​​Know your diagnosis and heal your own ache, grow a smile on your face and share that inner love to others. Your glass will remain forever half full.

​​​​​