PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin changing us to an EARLIER flight with only 90 minutes notice
Old 11th Jun 2022, 00:13
slats11

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Some of the unhinged vitriol here reaffirms my suspicion that many in the community are not doing particularly well. I can not recall society's resilience being this low. This is an international phenomenon - friends and professional colleagues around the world assure me it is the same everywhere..

If it was a routine business meeting that got screwed around at the end of the day, yeah OK. That happens. Deal with it.

Family members had come up to Sydney for a funeral that Monday. We had decided to have an early dinner together in Sydney before I dropped them to the airport for a flight back home. Something more pleasant after a pretty ordinary day. They all had work commitments in Melbourne on Tuesday morning. Instead of catching up for dinner, we spent the time trying to get through to VA and then rebooking flights on QF.

Perhaps it was unrealistic to plan on them catching last flight back and being able to work the next day. But we have long all taken air travel for granted, and so had hoped things were getting back to normal.

The unilateral nature of the communication was infuriating - an email from an unmonitored address, and an hour on hold.

I suspect what happened is that Wx during the day meant the 2200 wasn't able to operate. Both the 2000 and the 2200 were significantly light that they could get all pax onto one flight. If they could contact all the 2200 pax and get them there early, then the flight could leave earlier than 2200 - which would be a shorter delay for those on the 2000 flight.
That sort of makes sense.
I presume not all the 2200 pax saw the email, turned uo for the 2200 flight, and all they noted was a change in flight number. Pays not to read email.

Anyway, I'm working all 3 days this weekend.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...03-p5aqtj.html

So don't get sick or injured.
The problem now isn't C19. Its all the latent problems that have been exposed by C19. The workforce is now burnt out and disillusioned after 30 months of this. And they are starting to walk away.

Meanwhile, many office workers in both the corporate and government sector are enjoying their work:life balance and WFH and saying "we should have done this years ago." Customer service is at an all time low, as exemplified by VA here.

We are not all in this together, and that is a key reason society is splintering.

And things are just getting started. More supply chain disruptions, stagflation, rising interest rates, wages falling behind, increasing geopolitical uncertainty, and a polarised fragmented angry society. Good luck Albo - you are going to need it. In spades.