PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar/Doha vs Emirates/Dubai (life and work)
Old 10th Jun 2022, 09:59
Kennytheking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spongeboeing
Maybe that's your idea of expat life. I already did all that and got it out of my system when I was a 25 year old energy machine in Dubai. I'm finding it incredibly frustrating to get an answer for "how different is it to live and work in Doha when compared to the Dubai I know". I've been an expat for the past 5 years trying to win a transfer to the base of my choice. Command is around the corner so I will go back to the bottom of the list for the base I'm requesting. If I'm going to continue being an expat in a place I don't enjoy (eastern Europe), I might as well try to be an expat in a city where most of the people are expats, money will be good and where I will experience work as an airline pilot, rather than an airplane driver. Emirates appears to be slowing down Boeing assessment so I'm considering other companies in the area. Would Doha be a good option? Is my question really that hard to understand?
I think very few here are actually qualified to comment, myself included, as we have not lived in both places.

I am going to provide my unqualified comment anyway cos that how I roll....I reckon Dubai and Doha are much the same., however, I am lead to believe that it is far less desirable to work for QTR than for EK. Stories of 6 ULR flights in a month - that is just astounding. I would not go work there. I think you should keep chasing EK......