PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin changing us to an EARLIER flight with only 90 minutes notice
Old 10th Jun 2022, 05:20
slats11

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You sound like a typical boomer senior doctor/consultant/surgeon (which my friends hate) that thinks the world revolves around them.
One of the long term consequences of Covid has been an increasingly polarised and intolerant society. We are more divided on age, ethnicity, SES, profession.... than previously. Divide and conquer.

According to your reasoning, I should be able to pass judgement on their professions and workplace without rebuke.
Your missing the point or creating a strawman - I'm not sure which.
I accept Wx cancellations if that is what it was
I wasn't passing judgement on a pilots decision to divert, or to reject a runway due to excessive x-wind, or any other operational decision. Never have and never will.
I was saying that it is piss poor for an airline to send an email (which you may not receive) at 1830 advising you that your flight is departing at 2000 instead of 2200. And it is.

Would I expect you to pass judgement on my clinical skills? Not really as you aren't a SME.
Would I expect you to pass judgement if my receptionist was inefficient, rude and dismissive? Sure, as this complaint falls within the purview of the lay public.

One sad legacy about 9/11 is that is has encouraged many (not all) airline personnel to see pax as complainers and potential threats - not paying customers. That attitude is a slippery slope that doesn't end well.