PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin changing us to an EARLIER flight with only 90 minutes notice
Old 10th Jun 2022, 04:34
turbantime

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by slats11
It's not an issue of Wx disruptions. It is about communication.

Anyway as you say I am not a pilot. I am a critical care physician (who devoted significant time on these pages in early 2020 trying to explain what was coming down the pike). I use to be a DAME (that juice wasn't worth the squeeze), and also served with RAAF SR. I have many pilot friends (both QF and VA) with whom I sympathised during a long and uncertain furlough. So I believe I have slightly more than a passing everyday familiarity with aviation operations.

The airline front of house sucks. Don't blame me if it drags you down.

Anyway I'll leave you to it. At least I got more responses in 2 hours here than in 2 weeks from VA "customer service."
80 per cent of my family and close friends’ circle are in health varying in roles from consultants to nursing to OTs and physios. According to your reasoning, I should be able to pass judgement on their professions and workplace without rebuke. Do I? No. Do they on my profession? No.
You sound like a typical boomer senior doctor/consultant/surgeon (which my friends hate) that thinks the world revolves around them. Accept that sh*t happened on the day that wasn’t ideal, and most of all, it wasn’t personal.