PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RwandAir info please
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2022, 03:09
Wildgun938

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The big issue in Rwandair is how they deal with people. There is no respect. They are not prepared for the normal situation, you can imagine with abnormal. As any flag carrier 99% of the workers are public employees, and they dont care if the airplane dont has charts to do a flight to Rome, or if one airplane is grounded in Cotonu because somebody in the company didnt paid the fuel. If its weekend or after 5pm you are by yourself. The company only works from 9am to 5pm monday to friday. Its a office from the government. One indication of that is the military in the top management, taking decisions like nowhere. You will not see any military in the head office of emirates or air france. Once I was on a flight to Lagos and my FO (local) told me that on the management way of thinking, there is no day off or vacation, you are available (reserve and stand by) 30 days per month, 365 days on the year, and for the locals if you refuse to do a flight on your day off they will put you in the jail. During the covid crises, 2 of the Airbus pilots got covid, the police came to their home to put gps bracelets on their legs, like criminals. Its crazy.

Local people need authorization to do a passport and travel abroad, basically you need a visa to leave the country. For expats is very comum when you are traveling the immigrations guys in Kigali asking where are you going, the reason of your trip, and when you gonna come back. A Greek friend from UN once got a hot discussion with the immigration guy, because this is personal details. I dont need to inform the reason why I will leave any country. Its my life. My 2 cents.

Last edited by Wildgun938; 10th Jun 2022 at 03:20.