PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2022, 16:03
Lonewolf_50

Received 445 Likes on 281 Posts
Originally Posted by jolihokistix
Quote: Mr Pinner is also said to face a longer term and even the death penalty after allegedly admitting to ‘seizing power by force’.

This is precisely what Russia has been doing for over three months.
This appears to be a cynical application of "victor's justice" by the Russians.
If anybody knows (as I have not followed this story in detail):
Are/were these three men PoW's, or, were they captured as 'other than regular forces' and charged under the 'spy' category?
(And now I have to find out if the Conventions made a change since I last looked at them a couple of decades ago ... off I go).
EDIT: OK, here's what I was looking for.
Originally Posted by Convention 4
Where in occupied territory an individual protected person is detained as a spy or saboteur, or as a person under definite suspicion of activity hostile to the security of the Occupying Power, such person shall, in those cases where absolute military security so requires, be regarded as having forfeited rights of communication under the present Convention.
In each case, such persons shall nevertheless be treated with humanity and, in case of trial, shall not be deprived of the rights of fair and regular trial prescribed by the present Convention. They shall also be granted the full rights and privileges of a protected person under the present Convention at the earliest date consistent with the security of the State or Occupying Power, as the case may be.
Of course the ones who should be brought up on capital charges are Putin and his minions.
You must first capture him/them ... or otherwise have them in your custody.

Last edited by Lonewolf_50; 9th Jun 2022 at 16:40.