PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WizzAir Abu Dhabi.
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2022, 08:43
Bigben66613

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Avoid Wizzair!

I attended a recent Wizzair assessment and so did 13 of my highly skilled colleagues and all failed. Here is my experience with the assessment. Firstly if you are invited to AUH please for the sake of your earnings DO NOT GO to AUH. You will pay for flights, the hotel (Scam Wizzair discounted price at the premier inn), transportation and food costs. Probably seems like a nice adventure to go on, but after a few hours in AUH you’ll realise what a huge mistake it is. Emirates and Qatar provide flights and hotels, so if you want to fly in the middle east please go to them. Don’t try with these cowboys.

You’ll attend the Wizzair assessment in the beautiful and modern Etihad training centre, rented by Wizzair. As you make your way in the taxi, you will feel the 48 degrees of heat burn on your neck. The only way of living here is air conditioning. Once in the pilot lounge, we met everyone. And the day began with three Wizzair representatives going around with a clipboard ticking your name. Not asking how you are, and a face whipped by a horse’s tail. You’ll then be taken into a separate room and asked by the three musketeers to show your logbook, passport, and license. You'll have to leave them behind in the room so they can calculate your hours.

We were then taken into another room, to be presented with the company presentation. This is presented to you by a failed KLM dutch pilot speaking at the cruising speed of the A321. The SFO kept complaining about his ex-wife throughout. I think Wizzair might have another german wings accident waiting to happen with Mr dutch in control. Anyway, they will sell how magnificent the company is. They will also tell you they have 50 A321 coming in three years and they need you all. Mr Dutch also explains how quick it is to become a captain in 3 years. But yet still is an SFO after 8 years, rather contradicting.

Below are the highly anticipated salary conditions of AUH as of JUNE 2022:

55 404 AED Training Salary (14 087.61 EUR)

100 000 AED after training (25 429.36 EUR)

0.14 AED per Kilo meter flown (0.036 EUR)

70 AED per Landing (17.80 EUR)

Bond is 15 000 EUR over years

5000 AED housing allowance ( Best buy a caravan average price 3000 EUR) (1271.35 EUR)

Random rosta

As you can see this is not enough! To live and work in AUH, just scrapes the minimum. The bus driver in AUH makes significantly more, without having a Baltic commander yelling in his ear. After the presentation comes the NASA assessment. Questions were asked about the diameter of the tyre and how far it will travel. If Wizzair pilots are working this out, I’m not quite sure why they boasted about the technologically advanced A321. You will also work out how long an aircraft will be grounded, in case you need to work your days off in the office. Just like Mr dutch does. Also comes the 14 ATPL subjects, as if you don't know how to fly on the line yet. The assessments were done on the staff's laptops. 4 candidates' assessments crashed, I wished mine did too as I’ll reveal soon.

Finally, it’s time for the group exercise, there will be a problem for you to solve. Unfortunately, I was sitting next to Mr macho from Serbia who would interrupt everyone, taking control, reading the passages in English level 3 incorrect and making the whole problem worst. I intervene with a plan, which worked but little too late. Only if Mr macho would shut up.

After that your split into groups. And it was the four candidates whose assessment crashed and Mr macho who made it through. So if you want a job in Wizzair crash your computer, and be like Mr macho these are the key skills they are looking for. If you have any intelligence avoid going to Wizzair!