PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2022, 05:40
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
Excellent Customer Service at SOU - top notch

Off to JMK on BA this Sunday morning for Hols - flight does not seem busy.
Looking forward to the calm and quiet of SOU and to fly on a decent airline and a nice aircraft.

Had an issue in booking my Blue Badge Parking at SOU and so sent a constructive comments complaint to AGS CEO Derek Provan - Immediate reply from him - we will sort this for you and at 21.30 that same evening Steve Szalay the new SOU Operations Director personally called me and offered me 2 weeks free parking -
Now that is customer service - top notch.

Had a nice chat with him - Told him I was retired ''Industry'', and I asked him if SOU was coping OK and he said we have 4 periods each week where potential staff shortages on the ground handling side could cause an issue but he is 'well on it' and so far no problems -
SOU had 400 ground staff pre-Covid - they now have less than 150 with an increasing flight program, with an ongoing recruitment program too.

I asked him how were the BA loads so far this season and he was sort of non-committal...
I do feel that BA needs to be more ''out there'' and so many folk local to me here in Dorset have no idea of what BA offer from SOU (and at pretty good fares)
I hope that BA does well at SOU this first full year of non-interrupted Ops.
At least TUI package holidays have taken seats on the Palma flights (I think they may have taken a whole plane)

FYI 21-25 June train strikes - so trains maybe or will be affected to/from the Airport Station.