PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V-Force Dispersal/QRA Caravans/Buildings
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2022, 20:01
Brookesy175

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V-Force Dispersal?QRA Caravans/Buildings

Thanks to all respondents for all the useful information. This is clearly an area that, apart from your personal recollections, seems to have very little on the record. It would be good if we could help fill the gap. I noted ZH875's reference to caravans at Bedford with interest. I have visited and photographed this site (with permission). There were the remains of two rows of prefabricated single storey buildings facing each other, Seco type with some blockwork although in their collapsed state it was difficult to be certain. There were also the remains of a building of similar construction which could maybe have provided cooking and dining facilities. There were two brick buildings comprising a heating station and sub-station/power house. Slightly separated from the other buildings was an ablutions block with toilets, urinals, wash basins, showers and a small number of baths in individual cubicles. Were caravans perhaps the sleeping accommodation and the rest for daytime use? Or did the buildings replace the caravans at some point? I have tried to upload some images but so far without success. Please keep the info coming.