PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 8th Jun 2022, 13:34
Europeancitizen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redsnail
Hi Europeancitizen,
Here's the thing. Can you afford to throw away €60K+ on your dream and living on €25K for a few years after the training? If you can, great.
If you cannot, then think long and hard about spending that kind of money.
I see you have a Class 2, make sure you can get a class 1 with no issues otherwise, there's no point in continuing.
The cheapest way is modular, the best way is to get onto a tagged scheme whereby an airline will pick you up after training - assuming no issues. BTW - you'll still pay for every thing, just a lot more outlay from you.
Just curious, what "perks" are there?
Thanks for your reply. I could afford them with efforts of course, but I have some savings and loads of hope and motivation.
Starting salaries are one my main concerns if I achieve entering an airline somehow after getting all the required licences. I have been told that companies such as EZY or RYR pay more than that, but not sure though. The thing is that probably being a freshly licensed pilot with no prior experience nor TR of any kind, sounds too optimistic to find a proper job in the medium term from today, and in a short time period after graduation?
With perks, I was thinking about a daily life that albeit its sacrifices, I find it challenging and amazing (travelling, big responsibility, continuous study to be updated, best views possible from an office, dream of my childhood, etc...)