PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expired ATPL
Thread: Expired ATPL
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2022, 08:35
Cavallier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Expired ATPL

I was wondering if anyone had any advice or experiences similar to this. I am in the notice period of leaving my job in Hong Kong and intend to return to the UK. I am operating under a Hong Kong ATPL and my instrument and aircraft rating are current along with my class one medical and my last flight was only a few days ago. The problem lies is that I previously had a UK issued JAA ATPL which expired on the 31/07/2016 and my 747 rating and class one medical expired in 2012. I didn’t really worry about it at the time as I didn’t have any real intention of using them in anger again……….how life can change !

I am getting conflicting messages in what I have to do to get my licence back up and running. The class one medical will have to an initial as it’s been over 10 years. I also am aware I will have to complete a check ride in the simulator to get the 747 rating current again, complete the forms and send the CAA some money. Does this sound accurate ? Has anyone been in a similar situation ?

Thanks in advance.