PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hellasjet A320 over paris no com for 30min??
Old 1st Jan 2004, 18:24
Jerricho
Ohcirrej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not going to bother with a PM........I'll put it here.

Ummm, stick around for a bit and you'll learn I'm not a pilot, and I'm not Greek either.

If you want to talk facts, there is a scheduled Hellas flight each evening into LHR, and while their English isn't outstanding, it's far better than some operators. Personally, I have never had a problem with them. But this is all beside the point.

As Avman described, there could be various reasons for an extended period of no communication between ATC and a jet. BA had major problems with sleeping recievers, especially into Heathrow in the late downwind position, which wasn't the most favourable of places. To attempt to even draw an inference between this and ONE crew's inability to comply with a SID is folly indeed, especially for a professional pilot.

I'll make a deal with you................I'll not make any inferenced about you sounding like a journo if you stop trying to hijack threads with whatever little crusade you feel you have to achieve.

(BTW -
(especialy when you wake up at 7 in the morning to edit your posting, or maybe it is that you live in Greece and 7 in the morning UK time is 10 Greek time.)
Very narrow minded. Great thing this thing the Internet. Do you need that explained to you as well?)