PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Irish EASA back to UK license
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2022, 00:26
back to Boeing

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
Technically you can leave it to 2359 on 31/12/3022 to submit your application and you will get your U.K. licence back. Eventually.

I thought (because i didn’t immediately need it) that I’d wait a few months so the “rush” would be over and it would be quick and simple.

NO

you need to badger the CAA constantly. They don’t tell you if there’s an issue. If there is an issue you get dumped to the bottom of the pile without being told you’re being dumped to the bottom of the pile or what.

its an arse of a process that costs a lot of blood sweat and tears. That being said the call handlers without exception have been immensely helpful, friendly and courteous.

anecdote time. My favourite was when I had my U.K. medical redone (despite paying £110 to “piggyback” my uk medical on my EASA medical) I was told to reply to an email sent to me by the CAA to tell them that I had now renewed my uk medical and could they please take my licence out of the pending pile and in to the live pile. I was told by a CAA licence official to email the CAA licensing department to move my application from box a to box b. I didn’t ask why said person couldn’t just do it as they worked in that department.