PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 5th Jun 2022, 08:12
Mach E Avelli

Received 167 Likes on 105 Posts
Treat it as an exercise in risk management.
The way I would look at something relatively trivial (in the grand scheme of criminality) that I did 25 years ago is this:
If I declare it, there is a more than 90% chance my application would be rejected by some holier-than-thou asshole with God on his side (in case you didn’t already know, the Americans really do believe in God). It will show his masters how diligent he is in weeding out closet alcoholics.
If I say nothing, there is probably a less than 10% chance that some over zealous 18 year old sleuth in human remains will find out anyway, and will also be keen to show how diligent she is in weeding out chronic liars, so my application will be rejected.

Which odds are better?
Back at the time of the Vietnam War we could be called up for national service at age 19, but the drinking age was 21. At age 18 I got ‘done’ for under-age drinking at a farewell party for some guys who had been drafted. Not only convicted, but my name made it to page three of the State’s major newspaper (a pathetic rag that had nothing better to report than pending divorces, minor misdemeanours and traffic offences). Did I ever admit my criminal tendencies to any employer ? F..k no - the info was there if they really wanted to find out, but either they did not, or did not give a sh!t.

But if I can offer some other advice to Peter Pickled : FFS work on your punctuation and spelling! The way your posts read, you are still under the influence of something. If your resume’ is anything like that, you won’t get a look in.

Last edited by Mach E Avelli; 5th Jun 2022 at 08:51.