PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The F-35 thread, Mk II
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2022, 07:57
henra

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by gums
Salute!
I can't find a friendly attack or fighter that has the same RCS or super radar or legs with internal gas or precision ordnance with or without GPS. Ditto for potential adversaries.
It's easy: You can't find one beecause there is none ;-)

The F-35 may not be the best all-around attack aircraft in 10 years, but this year it will be hard to beat.
I have a very hard time seeing this change within the next 10 -20 Years:

What's there?
Su-57? Seems even Russia mostly abandoned it. If anything will be produced in atomistic quantities. RCS highly questionable. Avionics questionable. Suitability for long range attack questionable -2 huge engines/small internal volume.
S-75? Paper ware very likely without potent avionics for the next decades.
J-20? Huge, RCS somewhat questionable. Avionics? Agility? Could possibly come close in some areas though. Possibly closest contender.
FC-31: Little known but seems China is ready to market it for export. They wouldn't do that with their absolute secret top- of the line stuff. Could be OKish and getting close in some areas to F-35 but I don't see it being on par as a whole package.
The Euro projects (Tempest/FCAS) will not see Serial planes much before 2040. Probably immensely expensive.